Prince Harry and Meghan Markle refused to contact William and Kate about meeting up during their UK visit, a close friend has revealed.
The Sussexes are waiting for William to admit he failed to support his brother when he needed him the most before reaching out, according to journalist Omid Scobie.
Reports previously suggested senior royals were nervous about their arrival amid tension surrounding Harry’s upcoming bombshell memoir, but today Meghan’s close friend Omid said the lack of plans was solely the Sussexes’ decision and nothing to do with them being “shunned”.
Writing in his Yahoo column, he said: “There’s a laughable effort to suggest the [Sussexes] have been shunned, someone familiar with the current family dynamics tells me.”
Scobie added the Sussexes kept their work-focused itinerary — which saw them in Dusseldorf, Germany, on September 6 for an Invictus Games launch event — as tight as possible so not to be away from their children for too long.
“The true story is, they never reached out to the Cambridges.”
And he said the precise reason Harry hasn’t made any attempt to approach his brother is because he is “waiting for accountability”.
“‘People are desperate for steps to be made but behind the scenes there hasn’t been movement,’ explains a family friend.
“What [Harry] is waiting for is accountability.
“Many lines were crossed by William. He was at the centre of a number of painful moments, be it the actions of his own staff or turning his back when support was needed.
“It was a dark time and one that, so far, William has been unprepared to unpack.”
On Monday, the Duke and Duchess attended the One Young World summit in Manchester, where Meghan delivered her first UK speech since Megxit.
The US-based pair then travelled to Germany on Tuesday for the Invictus Games Dusseldorf 2023 One Year To Go event.
They beamed as they took selfies with crowds of fans who gave them the royal treatment on their first visit Dusseldorf.
Then last night the couple jetted back to London for the WellChild Awards tomorrow, where Harry will make an address.
This article was originally published by The Sun and reproduced with permission
Originally published as Prince Harry wants ‘accountability’ from brother William for crossing line