Getting mugged is something one does not prepare for, especially this December. However, there are precautions you can take to help decrease the chances of becoming a victim of theft or robbery this festive season.
According to reports by the South African police, Western Cape still sits at the highest on the list of crime and Nyanga is the most notorious area in the country popular for its gang violence while Gauteng has had an increase of taxi violence.
With that being said, here are five tips you should adopt to avoid getting robbed.
- Never carry too much cash.
- Do not walk in secluded places alone.
- Do not wear expensive jewelry publicly.
- Do not carry publicly an expensive phone.
- Be safety cautious at all times.
Main Image: Eminetra